Acculon Energy joins Genie at the American Rental Association (ARA) Show 2024!
- 1832 - Robert Anderson develops the first crude electric vehicle.
- Early 1900s - EVs are all the rage in the US, making up a third of all the vechicles on the road until the Model T was introducted and gas-powered cars gained popularity.
- 1960s - Internal combustion engines and cheap, abundant gas meant there was no need for alternative fuel until the 60s and 70s when gas prices soared, generating interest in electric vehicles again.
- 1976 - The first viable Lithium-based battery was patented by British chemist Michael Stanley Whittingham. Whittingham's breakthrough was the battery's low weight, high energy density and its capability to work at room temperature.
- 1977 - John B Goodenough imporoved on Whittengham's design to develop the first Lithium-ion battery, showing how oxide cathodes would perform in a Li-ion battery and be safer than the previous lithium design.